From Club Secretary, Clive Wolstenholme :
Strathspey Thistle FC – January 2021 Newsletter
- After a difficult 2020 we hoped to finally start the 2020/2021 season with a home game with Lossiemouth on January 2 but after some heavy snow falls together with freezing temperatures the game was called off the night before.
- January 9 saw the club complete the signing of midfielder Struan McArthur on a non-contact basis. That date also saw our scheduled game at Deveronvale called off at 8.30am due to a frozen pitch.
- The Scottish Football Association announced on Monday January 11 that the Highland League was to be suspended until January 31 when the position would be reviewed. This suspension applied to all leagues below the Championship and Premiership. That evening the Highland League management committee met and discussed the playing suspension.
- The club also decided that because of the new lockdown criteria the lottery was to be suspended until further notice.
- It was decided on January 12 to put the players back onto furlough for the foreseeable future until a clearer indication was given as to when training, and then matches, could resume.
- An email received from Donate A Ticket reminding everyone that they were still processing donations for those clubs signed up.
- On January 21 it was announced that Michael MacCallum had agreed a contract extension until July 30, 2022.
- On January 23 the Scottish Government announced an extension of the current lockdown until February 13/14.
- The club website had 621 views and 279 visitors during January which is a reflection of the improvements made. Twitter has 1170 followers and Facebook 1554 followers… and we received two enquiries during the month, from Liverpool and Dumfries, for club lapel badges. Thank you!