Normally at this time on a Saturday we are preparing for our afternoon’s Breedon Highland League match but the way the league keeps certain Saturdays for re-arranged games we are not involved this time.

So it gives us a chance to assess our fortunes this week which since five o’clock last Saturday have been very good indeed.

Three o’clock on Saturday saw us at The Haughs in Turriff and what was the proverbial game of two halves. 
After a very good first half according to manager Robert MacCormack we were the better team by being hard to beat and hitting Turriff on the counter and, also, missed a good chance to take the lead.
After the break we went one down and again missed a big opportunity to level …..and after that the heads dropped and there followed a shocking twenty minutes or so when we lost a further four goals – the scoreline looks as though we were on the end of a hammering but it wasn’t like that at all – we conceded so many poor goals.
A positive from the game was former Alness United forward Michael Mackenzie’s debut performance.

Now, the good stuff…..


Tuesday saw the announcement of Michael Rae’s appointment as Assistant Manager. 

The former Rangers goalkeeper whose past clubs include Ross County, Buckie Thistle and Lossiemouth was assistant at Nairn County until last September and joins the Jags until the summer of 2024.

Boss Robert MacCormack said in the local paper The Strathspey and Badenoch Herald that he was absolutely delighted to get Mike as his assistant. 
“As well as a massive coup for the Club, he will undoubtedly help the Club get where we want to go and from a personal point of view it will be a massive help to me with his experience and knowledge of the game”.


So, it was Wednesday and we made the long trip up the A9 and a midweek Breedon Highland League match against Wick Academy to notch up our first victory since the start of November. 

Daniel Whitehorn, scorer of the Jags first goal on Wednesday at Wick

After he enjoyed a well deserved pie and a cuppa after the journey north, our eyes at the match reported that we started the game really well and deservedly scored first on thirty two minutes through Daniel Whitehorn and it remained 1-0 until the break. 

Although Wick went down to ten on fifty minutes they equalised on sixty minutes, but, two minutes later new boy Michael Mackenzie scored his first for the Jags’ and their second goal of the evening to make it 2-1.
The Jags could have scored again very late on but the chance was missed.
Asked his thoughts after the match the Boss said “Absolutely delighted!”

Then Thursday brought more good news with the announcement that Jack Davison has extended his contract until the summer of 2024.

Jack Davison

The Gaffer said  “I am delighted that Jack has agreed to stay at the Club until June 2024. As we continue to rebuild the squad keeping Jack is a massive part of what we are trying to achieve. I have worked with Jack previously and know how good a player he is, and when I came here I was very much looking forward to working with him again.”

We now look forward to the first of four home fixtures in a row starting on Wednesday night against Huntly – weather permitting again ! – so it would be great to see you at Seafield Park supporting the Jags.


This week the jackpot is now £3800 – to play online just click here . Thank you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *