2nd  A day all ‘Jags’ fans had waited for this season. OUR FIRST WIN. On a damp night in Inverness at Grant Street Park the side gave by far their best show of the season so far. An early goal by Aiden Cruickshank settled the team and they kept the pressure on Clach throughout the first half and were rewarded by Liam Grant netting his first of the season. The players showed what they can do over 90 minutes so let us hope this is the turning point as we go into the second half of the season.

5th  A special day today as we welcomed to Seafield Park, for their first league visit, Banks o’ Dee from Aberdeen. To celebrate Rob Clark produced a programme to celebrate the day. Visiting chairman Brian Winton was presented with a copy. The cost of the programme was supported by local painter and decorator Dai Lovatt for which the club was very grateful. The game was the opposite of Wednesday night’s performance. A goal down on nine minutes was not the start we wanted and it became 2-0 on 29 minutes. Thomas McInnes brought a wonder save from Dee’s goalkeeper, Ross Salmon, just after and had that gone in who knows what would have happened.  It was even for the opening twenty minutes of the second half until 2 goals were conceded on 64 and 66 minutes and game was gone. 7-0 was a very disappointing finish. A positive on the day was the visit from Dundee of Sean Anderson and his friends who took advantage of one of hospitality packages the club has to offer. Their support is appreciated. 

Sean and his friends

12thThe players trained today in preparation for the visit of Formartine United on November 19. It will be a 2 pm kick off. Elsewhere, in the GPH Builders Merchants Highland League Cup there were wins for Banks o’ Dee, Brechin City, Buckie Thistle, Turriff, Forres Mechanics, Inverurie Locos and Formartine. The draw for the quarter finals is; Banks o’ Dee v Forres Mechanics, Formartine United v Buckie Thistle, Nairn County v Brechin City and Turriff United v Inverurie Locos. Ties to be played on Saturday December 3.

19thIt took Formartine until the 70th minute to break The Jags resistance when Julian Wade converted a disputed penalty and Graeme Rodgers made the the game safe on 80 for the team from Pitmedden Park. Late on, Strathspey’s Man of the Match, Goalkeeper Oliver Kelly, saved a second Julian Wade penalty. With the poor weather leading up to the weekend putting paid to games at Keith, Rothes and Nairn, it is a credit to everyone who worked so hard to get the game played. This was our 17th game of the league season, the halfway point of the campaign.

26th  As the second half of the season is upon us it is now we all understand that these next five months are the most important for the club since it was formed 30 years ago. It was with this in mind as we set off to Banff for our game with Deveronvale-a real six pointer. When we played them at Seafield Park in early August the result was 2-2 and the general feeling was it was a game we could and should have won. Nothing was going to prepare you for what happened at Banff. We were blown away by seven goals and we really didn’t see that coming. There is nothing further to say on what was a poor afternoon. Dust ourselves down and prepare for two upcoming home games against Rothes and Buckie Thistle followed by a trip to Fraserburgh.

29thMark Holmes our assistant coach notified the club that due to family commitments he would be standing down from his role with immediate effect. We wish him all the best and thank him for his time and effort for the club.

Play the JAGS lottery by clicking here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *